The government identified the utilization of technology to effectively manage the challenges of improving government service delivery and ensure economic and social development.
It is on record that this Ministry had since its creation been providing professional Information Communication Technology services to the Civil Service and the public at large.
The Ministry of Science and Technology is responsible for the modernization of educational sector in the State. It seeks to elevate the standard of education and maintain it.
• To make Bauchi a model state through the innovation Application of Science and Technology for solving problems and making impact in all Human endeavors.
• To ensure that Bauchi State meets its energy needs through a sustainable framework that will support economic growth and provide its citizens with services that meet their expectations.
Mission• The mission of the Ministry of Power, Science and Technology is to employ power, science and technology in all activities towards improving the quality of life of citizens and transforming Bauchi through strategic and coordinated utilization of available resources into a developed, industrial and modern State of international stature.
• To have a Bauchi State where electric power is available, reliable and affordable in every nook and cranny.
• Liaise with Federal Ministry of Power, Science and Technology and other agencies involved in Technology development to ensure speedy and needed technological appliances.
• To establish and meet aggressive targets for a rural electrification program in the State.
• To ensure that the state’s investments in the power industry provide value added services to make life better for residents of the State.
• To ensure that electricity supply is made more reliable and economically efficient so as to effectively support the socioeconomic development of the state