Ministry of Information and Orientation is saddled with the responsibility of disseminating information on Government Policies, Programs and Activities.
The ministry ensure that the people of the state are carried along by disseminating reliable and accurate information as at when due.
Often, the ministry serves as middle-agent between the government and the people of the state by the way of bringing/sharing of dividend of democracy to the populace.
• To be the number one tool or agent for orientation and re-orientation of the Citizens towards the restoration envisioned by this administration. • To excellently project the image of Bauchi State within and beyond Nigeria.
Mission• To disseminate information efficiently and effectively among all Stakeholders in Bauchi State by a professionalized, motivated and disciplined workforce.
• To project effectively, the activities of the Bauchi State Government using responsive and responsible personnel with best equipment to serve as mirror of the Government to the citizens with the ultimate goal of delivering a well informed and positively oriented populace.
• To publicize the day to day activities of the Government by means of various instruments of mass communication and available public relations skills in order to achieve mass awareness and citizens’ participation in public affair.
• To act as catalyst for change among the people and ensure adequate feedback to Government as regards people’s reactions to Government policies and actions.
• To project the image of the State Government and its activities through Modern Information and Communication Technology.
• To play supervisory roles on the activities of the Broadcasting Corporation of Bauchi State (BATV/BRC), and the Government Printing Press.