The Ministry formulates and implements policies and strategies to facilitate investment, trade in services, business development, cooperatives and small business and consumer protection in Bauchi State.
Liaison with relevant Industrial and Trade Groups and Associations. Inspection and monitoring of factories and industrial concerns in the State. Supervision of Cooperative Societies.
• To reposition and restructure enterprises through privatization and commercialization ensuring the implementation of policies that promote the industrial, commercial, small and medium enterprises, cooperative and produce activities in the State. To be the engine for the promotion of economic and industrial growth of the Bauchi State, the State would have become one of the most conducive places for commerce, industry and cooperative activities in Nigeria. To streamline the regulatory hurdles for business and investment activity, in order to attract increased investments in all sectors of our economy.
Mission• To serve our people with humility and to ensure the development and expansion of the commercial and industrial sector of the state. To ensure sustainable SME’s and cooperative development and maintain the processing and consumption of high quality agricultural produce in the state. To promote economic activities through a structured approach for wealth creation, full employment of the people, prosperity in business and effective business management in a friendly business environment, improved standard of living of the people, effective utilization of agriculture products and improve revenue profile of the State.
• To be the fulcrum of economic and industrial growth that would stimulate employment opportunities in Bauchi State.
• To stimulate growth of existing Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and emergency of new ones in the State.
• To create a conducive atmosphere for Trade, Investment and Cooperative activities in the State.
• To foster strong relationship with relevant State and Federal Agencies and Establishments as well as Local and International Donor Agencies.
• Reviewing all existing Agreements/Concessions/MOU pertaining to Trade Investment and Cooperative Ministry.